"Inflation to surge 'substantially': Shahrir" http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/84689
that "Inflation is set to soar "substantially" in June due to high fuel prices, but it will not hit double digits".
Maybe 9.99% will still be OK?
This write-up is to show that the quickie of becoming filthy rich is now being foisted on JB-ians who have long been spared the blood-sucking tactics of the toll operators.
But not for long. According to the MalaysianInsider, a new highway is being built especially to fleece the thousands of motorists who use the Causeway.
According to the Straits Times,
"At a price tag of RM1.2 billion, it will cost roughly RM150 million per kilometre to build, according to bankers and analysts."
- Singapore always practices a reciprocity arrangement as far as tolls are concerned and this has been done for many years. It is a form of a self-regulating mechanism so that no one will simply up the toll for Causeway traffic or the Second Link.
- According to the LTA, the current number of vehicles who exit Singapore is 16,000 and the table assumes that 11,000 cars use the Causeway. The figures are worked out using a 5% annual growth rate.
- There were 9 bidders
- The length of the highway was 9km
- The project cost 450 crore or 4500,000,000INR or RM341.4m
- The successful bidder had to pay the highway authority for the BOT project
According to the article,
"Apart from the four-lane elevated highway, there will be a main carriageway on the ground level which comprises three-lanes on either sides and a service road involving two-lanes on either sides, taking the number of lanes to 14."