A concerned Malaysian writes about Malaysian affairs. "You are the Change you Seek" Barack Obama

Monday, March 3, 2008

Singapore Lockdown

I returned from Singapore today and the escape of the JI prisoner is having a severe effect on transport leaving Singapore as all vehicles are being thoroughly checked at the Causeway.

I normally take the bus 170 or 160 from the Kranji MRT but today I checked the road just before the train stopped at Kranji and noticed that the lorries were queueing all the way from the Causeway right up to the MRT station and some lorries were double queued. That was also the situation when I entered the country on Saturday.

So I decided to stay on the train to the next stop, that is Marsiling, and took the 950 bus. Most people take the bus from Kranji and one has three options instead of one. The 950 bus approaches the Checkpoint from a different junction that has no lorries.

There were more policemen at the Checkpoint with the wanted posters prominently displayed but no reward money. I thought that would be a good incentive for the public to become more alert?

It took me 5 minutes to clear immigration but the bus was only cleared about 20 minutes later.

It should be interesting to learn how it was so easy to get out of that "top security" prison. I don't think he could have done it alone.

No comments: