A concerned Malaysian writes about Malaysian affairs. "You are the Change you Seek" Barack Obama

Friday, November 16, 2007

Malaysia's Hunt for Corrupt Projects - The State of the Nation


(click2 on picture to enlarge)
As the General Elections are near, it is time to check out how the nation is faring in its proclaimed war against CORRUPTION.

There was a al Jazeera documentary recently on how it is estimated that $360billion (US$?) was siphoned out of Nigeria since 1960 and how millions still live in abject poverty.

Malaysia is definitely doing better but there is still a major task to eradicate poverty and minimise corruption. So far the latest case involved a senior police officer only. It is surprising that not a single senior politician has been caught yet.

3 comments:

stcin said...

SUHAKAM has humiliated and toyed me around since 24-7-2000 when I was called o attend its very 1st historic INQUIRY in KL ! I was treated as a silly 'guinea -pig' for the commissioners to try out how INQUIRY was conducted !!
I have to travel 500km to-fro Ipoh without any reimbursement and allowance BUT the commissioners are enjoying and laughing with big-fat benefits from taxpayers hardearned money !!

stcin said...

SUHAKAM has humiliated and toyed me around since 24-7-2000 when I was called o attend its very 1st historic INQUIRY in KL ! I was treated as a silly 'guinea -pig' for the commissioners to try out how INQUIRY was conducted !!
I have to travel 500km to-fro Ipoh without any reimbursement and allowance BUT the commissioners are enjoying and laughing with big-fat benefits from taxpayers hardearned money !!

yellowkingdom said...

Great concept and illustrations ! I like the albino elephants and vultures. I shall keep my eyes wide open for them. The hunters do not seemed too bothered with their 'pop-guns'.